[python-committers] Can we choose between mailing list and discuss.python.org?

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Wed Feb 13 14:19:25 EST 2019

Le 13/02/2019 à 20:12, Brett Cannon a écrit :

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 2:55 AM Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com
> <mailto:p.f.moore at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 22:00, Antoine Pitrou <antoine at python.org
>     <mailto:antoine at python.org>> wrote:
>     > Here is a 161-message Discourse thread (at the time of this writing):
>     > https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-517-backend-bootstrapping/789
>
>     As someone directly involved in that discussion, with a strong need to
>     understand all of the points being made, that's a great example of
>     both the benefits and the flaws of the discourse model.
>

> Can I ask if that entire thread is on topic, or is there a reasonable
> point in that discussion where side conversations could have been broken
> off into a separate topic(s)?

Well, you can legitimately ask but I'm entirely unable to answer, for
the simple reason that Discourse doesn't allow me to visually recognize
discussion branches and therefore potential "side conversations" ;-)

(also the fact that such breaking off requires on manual moderator labor
makes it potentially less efficient, but YMMV)

Regards