[python-committers] Non-active devs, become active! (was: python-committers is dead, long live discuss.python.org)

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Sat Sep 29 09:09:45 EDT 2018

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 11:00:48AM +0100, Łukasz Langa wrote:
> > Sorry if I misunderstand this, but is the plan to moderate *core developers*
> > on python-committers?
>
> If you label it with an abstract term like this, it sounds like we just formed the Python Thought Police ;-)

Well, it gets worse. :-)

I mean, moving the list *just* before the election and having a simultaneous
discussion about who is considered a core developer might evoke associations
with gerrymandering away the non-active people, who are probably more likely
not to move to discourse or even miss this thread.

You can all have the best motives, but I'm really taken aback by these
developments.  Has this concern not been mentioned at the summit?

Perhaps that is what you get if only recently active devs are invited.

I strongly suggest that the vote-eligibility and governance discussions
take place here.

Stefan Krah