[python-committers] discuss.python.org participation

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Fri Oct 12 15:35:54 EDT 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 11:55:32AM -0700, Brett Cannon wrote:
> I will also note that Benjamin, Larry, and Raymond can be a bit quiet at
> times and so they may not have signed up yet because they have not had
> anything to say to compel them to create accounts (Stefan has already
> stated he doesn't like this idea so I'm assuming that might be why he has
> not signed up yet).

FTR, I have signed up, but Jack's original point still stands.  Very few
people apart from PEP stakeholders are participating, so merely signing up
should not be considered an endorsement of Discourse.  Even participating
shouldn't, because folks might choose their battles, especially in a
pre-election situation.

In order to get an overview if I'm the only one:  I've searched for people's
opinions on Discourse, and its reputation is far from spotless even among
people who explicitly *want* a web forum.

Stefan Krah