[python-committers] Timeline to vote for a governance PEP

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 17:50:40 EST 2018

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 18:55, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> OK, so it seems you're unhappy that you only have a day to vote since you can't change your vote ...
[...]
> ... but then you don't like that people can vote over two weeks because you don't want discussions to occur while people can vote to force them to participate in discussions? I might be missing something, but these two issues seem contradictory, especially since we can't exactly force people to not talk about this while voting is open. :)

No, I'm uncomfortable with the discussion period overlapping the
voting period, because the fact that you can't change your vote means
that once someone votes, there's no incentive to continue discussing.
But I accept that it's how it's going to be, I'm not arguing for any
change here at this late stage.

Paul