[python-committers] Timeline to vote for a governance PEP

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 23:44:22 EDT 2018

Le sam. 3 nov. 2018 à 04:40, Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Would it help if we only published who voted, and kept their votes private?  Publishing the actual votes probably doesn't make a big difference here, relative to the broader Python/tech community.

The PEP has a whole section explaining the rationale:
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-8001/#why-should-the-vote-be-public

This PEP has 9 authors and has been discussed in length.

Maybe we should stop to change the vote method? :-) (As I wrote, the
last limit for me to changes the PEP 8001 is Nov. 15, the day before
voting on governance PEPs starts.)

Victor