[python-committers] Comments on moving issues to GitHub

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Sun May 20 07:45:45 EDT 2018

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 10:56:21AM +0200, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> If that's on the table, it seems to me that categorization, sorting and
> filtering on GitHub issues is rather poor, while the basic UI experience
> (editing messages, etc.) is better.  Also, I think customization (e.g.
> of the default view) is basically inexistent.

Also search via Google "site:bugs.python.org <term>" usually gives quite
nice results, while the same for GitHub issues usually does not work at
all (far too many unrelated results).

Then there's the original promise of the GitHub migration that in the
case of GH bankruptcy or a sudden lockdown the tracker would still be
available.

Stefan Krah