[python-committers] Organizing an informational PEP on project governance options (was Re: Transfer of power)

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Jul 13 20:15:02 EDT 2018

On Jul 13, 2018, at 04:31, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:

> I volunteer to co-author such a PEP. But I'm not up to doing it on my
> own. So... who else wants to be a co-author? (I'm not going to
> pressure anyone, but Brett, Mariatta, and Carol, please know that your
> names were the first ones that jumped to my mind when thinking about
> this :-).)

Count me in.

Procedurally, I think an informational PEP numbered in sequence is a good place for the “design” of our governance.  Once we’ve settled on a plan, we would capture the operational procedures in a new process PEP (I propose PEP 2), which would be our working document moving forward.  I think it’s pretty much a certainty that whatever we come up with initially will undergo changes as time goes on and we gain experience.  PEP 2 would then be the living document for our language governance process.

-Barry