[python-committers] ssl module will require OpenSSL 1.0.2

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 18:23:41 EST 2018

> We never officially supported LibreSSL, so we aren't breaking any
> promise. I supported LibreSSL as a best-effort approach.
>
> You can still have TLS support with extra packages. Python requests and
> pip can also use PyOpenSSL.

I have no opinion on OpenBSD support.

It's good to know that the pip issue can be worked around (if
PyOpenSSL can be easily installed on OpenBSD? I mean... without pip
;-))).

At least, if Python 3.7 doesn't work on OpenBSD anymore because of
this issue, maybe LibreSSL will be more motivated to fix the issue?
:-)

Victor