[python-committers] Travis CI: macOS is now blocking -- remove macOS from Travis CI?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 22:04:00 EDT 2017

Le 20 sept. 2017 00:03, "Barry Warsaw" <barry at python.org> a écrit :

I forget though, was it a problem with macOS CI stability or general
throughput?  I thought they just couldn’t keep up with the workload, in
which case it seems like we should be able to throw more resources at it,
right?

There were multiple issues.

It was not uncommon that macOS sometimes took 30 min or 1h if not longer.

The macOS job was not mandatory. So failures were not reported to GitHub.
Moreover, since the job was much slower than the other pre-commit CIs, I
never looked at it.

Sometimes, the optional macOS job was queue but blocked a PR to be merged.
It's a Travis CI bug and I don't want to investigate or report it for the
other reasons.

Python tests are very stable on macOS (on buildbots). So yes, it's an issue
specific to Travis.

Victor