[python-committers] Guide to pushing to submitters' repo?

Mariatta Wijaya mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com
Thu May 25 09:55:44 EDT 2017

The git pr alias in the devguide assumes that you have origin and upstream
remote setup,
where origin is your own CPython fork, and upstream is python/CPython repo

On May 25, 2017 6:27 AM, "Antoine Pitrou" <antoine at python.org> wrote:

Le 25/05/2017 à 15:06, Nick Coghlan a écrit :
> On 25 May 2017 at 18:01, Antoine Pitrou <antoine at python.org> wrote:
>> Did someone manage to make this work?  Can they post the entire
>> instructions they used? (including local branch setup)
>
> The minimal set of instructions some of us worked out are at
> https://docs.python.org/devguide/gitbootcamp.html#
editing-a-pull-request-prior-to-merging
> (the initial draft was longer, but patch review found a few
> opportunities for simplification)

Thank you.  Is it possible for the "git pr" alias to also edit the
branch tracking information?  Currently I get:

(master)$ git pr 1785
Depuis https://github.com/python/cpython
 * [nouvelle référence] refs/pull/1785/head -> pr_1785
Basculement sur la branche 'pr_1785'

(pr_1785)$ LANG=C git pull
There is no tracking information for the current branch.
Please specify which branch you want to merge with.
See git-pull(1) for details.

    git pull <remote> <branch>

If you wish to set tracking information for this branch you can do so with:

    git branch --set-upstream-to=<remote>/<branch> pr_1785

Regards