[python-committers] 4 weeks with the new workflow: what needs changing?

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Fri Mar 24 11:22:16 EDT 2017

Hi,

Le 24/03/2017 à 16:11, R. David Murray a écrit :
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 14:29:13 +0100, Antoine Pitrou <antoine at python.org> wrote:
>>
>> By the way, how do I fetch remote changes for a branch without pulling
>> it into the working copy?  e.g. I'd like to do "git fetch origin 3.5" or
>> "git fetch origin/3.5", but that doesn't seem to work...
>
> "git fetch origin 3.5" seems to work fine for me.  Maybe I don't
> understand what you are trying to do?

Apologies for being slightly imprecise.  Yes, "git fetch origin 3.5"
actually fetches the remote changes, but it doesn't update the local
"3.5" branch with those changes, so when I do "git diff 3.5" from
another branch, I get spurious changes in the diff.

(perhaps I should do "git diff origin/3.5" instead?)

Regards