[python-committers] Fun fact, The Knights Who Say "Ni" (bot) complained about CLA on Modules/expat/

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 10:20:12 EDT 2017

Hi,

Fun fact: I cherry-picked a change from libexpat into Modules/expat
(VS2008 fix for stdint.h), and I kept the author. Then The Knights Who
Say "Ni" (bot) complained that Sebastian Pipping
<sebastian at pipping.org> didn't sign the CLA :-)
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/2312#issuecomment-310091014

I fixed the issue by replacing the author with me :-/ Well, I already
took the ownership of most lines of Modules/expat/ since I upgraded
libexpat from 2.1.1 to 2.2.0, and today to 2.2.1. So I don't think
that it's a new issue.

I just wanted to share this story with you: the bot works as expected :-)

Note: libexpat is distributed under the MIT license.

Victor