[python-committers] Please stop fixing easy issues right now! Leave them as exercices to newcomes

Berker Peksağ berker.peksag at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 07:50:11 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Victor Stinner
<victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> *Many* people ask me regulary "how to find easy Python issues", and
> the last 3 years, I always failed to find such issues... Many "easy
> issues" are older than 3 years old, have more than 20 comments and no
> compromise has been found how to fix the "easy" issue...

See http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue605 for the
previous discussion on easy issues. I re-triaged some of them (the
initial list is at
http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/msg3169) in the past
year, but that's not something I want to do in my free time anymore
(and unsurprisingly, companies aren't interested to fund issue
triaging work)

> I added [EASY] in the issue title to advertise these issues and used
> the "easy (C)" keyword.

Please consider not using prefixes in issue titles. Setting
appropriate fields in the issue detail page should be enough. There is
no need to duplicate the information in the title.

--Berker