[python-committers] GitHub blog post on managing email notifications

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Jul 18 23:42:21 EDT 2017

In a similar vein, I found the triangular workflow described here useful:
https://github.com/blog/2042-git-2-5-including-multiple-worktrees-and-triangular-workflows

(TBH I don't follow the recipe exactly, but I do use upstream to point to
the master repo, origin to point to my own fork on GitHub, and I have

[remote]
    pushdefault = origin
[push]
    default = current

in my .git/config. Now every branch automatically gets pulled from upstream
and pushed to origin, the perfect setup for submitting Pull Requests.

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 6:29 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> Thought people might be interested in this post (specifically the email
> header info) since I know some have said they have had issues in managing
> email notifications: https://github.com/blog/2399-managing-large-
> numbers-of-github-notifications

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)