[python-committers] "trivial" label replaced with "skip issue"

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 18:21:39 EDT 2017

> What is the benefit of converting old Misc/NEWS entries?

I guess that the benefit is to use a single format for all NEWS
entries. I understand that it will ease the build of the changelog.

> Do you have an idea of many files we will get?
> Do we plan to remove old entries?

Before: 47 files in master.
After: 546 files. Ok, it's not much.

I didn't know that blurb supports "packing" NEWS entries into a single
file, like Misc/NEWS.d/3.5.0a1.rst which contains 598 entries. Cool!

My fear was to get 10,000 files in Misc/NEWS and starting to get
performance issues with Git on some platforms.

With the PR #2719 (convert Misc/NEWS to blurb for master), the Git
repository contains 4,340 files. On my laptop, I didn't notice any
major performance related to that.

Victor