[python-committers] Proposed new core developer -- Mariatta Wijaya

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 03:27:53 EST 2017

Hi,

I vote +1 for Mariatta Wijaya.

> Mariatta Wijaya has been working hard to become a Python core developer.  At this point she has worked with several of us and I think she has had two dozen or more accepted patches.

Oh, I didn't notice her name. I looked at commited changes. Most of
them are related to documentation, and a patch to update OpenSSL in
the macOS installer.

Sadly, too few developers care of the documentation (I plead guilty!),
so yeah, it would be nice to get some help on this area. Around 15% of
open issues (894/5736) are in the Documentation component.

Wait, I don't want to restrict Mariatta to documentation! In my
experience, developers are able to restrict themself to areas where
they feel confident. I guess that slowly she will contribute to the
other parts of Python. I recall that my first commited patch was in
the documentation, probably as most of us :-)

> I volunteer to continue to provide mentorship and assistance to her as needed after she is granted commit rights.

Great! I was going to ask you if you would mentor her, so it's perfect.

Victor