[python-committers] Accept a PR but only push it once tests pass?

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Tue Feb 14 13:02:22 EST 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 9:56 AM, Victor Stinner
<victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh ok, I see. Let's say that we wait one month to see how things are
> going before changing the process ;-)

I'd say we do it and see if it is worth keep it that way.

- The PR tests are passing and we have an incentive to maintain that.

- The only tests which have a Red mark (failing ci) are not those
whose branches are not rebased against the HEAD of master.  So, if we
make it a requirement, authors will have to rebase their changes on
top origin/master HEAD, and will get accurate test information for
their PR.

--
Senthil