[python-committers] Discussions on PRs

Ezio Melotti ezio.melotti at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 18:25:19 EST 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:33 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> With the move to Github, I'm seeing a move away from
> discussions on the issue tracker towards discussions on
> pull requests.
>
> Example: https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/4
>
> Is this something we should encourage or better ask the OPs
> to open a ticket on the tracker first and reference the PR
> there ?

Unless it's a trivial PR (e.g. typo fix), then there should be a
discussion on bpo.  The devguide has been/is being update to be more
clear about this aspect.

> Discussion on the PRs would then only be for code review
> aspects.

Yes, discussions on the PRs replace the discussions we had on Rietveld
-- they should only be about the code review.

Best Regards,
Ezio Melotti