[python-committers] autoconf 2.70

Xavier de Gaye xdegaye at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 02:51:27 EST 2016

On 11/23/2016 11:49 PM, Gregory P. Smith wrote:
 > I do not think we should require individual developers committing changes to configure.ac <http://configure.ac> to use a particular version of autoconf when regenerating configure. That is a burden.

I do not agree, configure is a file tracked in the mercurial repository and commit changes to this file must be correct and done with the right tool. If this is a burden for developers to use a
particular version of autoconf, then a solution to our problem might be to stop tracking configure in the repository and update the Makefile to run autoconf whenever configure.ac is modified.