[python-committers] Promote Xiang Zhang as a core developer

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 08:01:48 EST 2016

On 14 November 2016 at 22:09, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last months, I noticed that Xiang Zhang is very active on the bug
> tracker and propose many enhancements and bug fixes. He contributes to
> Python code, but also to the C code (a rare skill nowadays). Slowly,
> he understood how to produce "good" patches, the CPython workflow,
> etc. I think that his contributions are now good enough to give him
> the commit bit.

I haven't been doing a lot of general patch triage lately, but Xiang's
issue report where he found and fixed an obscure problem in the new
multi-phase extension module import system [1] was a genuinely
enjoyable experience for me as a patch reviewer (and the patch itself
was complete and correct, so the only thing I needed to add was a NEWS
entry).

Cheers,
Nick.

[1] http://bugs.python.org/issue27782