[python-committers] More explicit Code of Conduct for the issue tracker & core mailing lists?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 10:06:14 CEST 2015

On 15 July 2015 at 03:29, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would folks mind if I drafted a CPython Code of Conduct inspired by
> their example, and proposed it for inclusion in the Developer's Guide?

+1.

I particularly like their point "Try not to take offense where no
offense was intended. Not everyone speaks or writes English fluently.
Not everyone can express themselves clearly. Give people the benefit
of the doubt. Even if the intent was to provoke, do not rise to it."
We should aim to be tolerant and forgiving as well as open and
inclusive.

Paul