[python-committers] [RELEASE] Python 3.4.2rc1 is now available

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Sep 22 19:02:00 CEST 2014

On 9/22/2014 10:15 AM, Larry Hastings wrote:

> On behalf of the Python development community and the Python 3.4 release
> team, I'm chuffed to announce the availability of Python 3.4.2rc1.
> Python 3.4.2 has many bugfixes and other small improvements over 3.4.1.
> One new feature for Mac OS X users: the OS X installers are now
> distributed as signed installer package files compatible with the OS X
> Gatekeeper security feature.
>
> You can download it here:
>
>     https://www.python.org/download/releases/3.4.2

Unfortunately, I cannot. This actually links to
https://www.python.org/download/releases/3.4.1

This page, in spite of its name, does not have downloads.
Instead it has
"Please proceed to the download page for the download."
with 'download page' linked to this same page that does not have
downloads.  Something seems messed up on the site.

If I manually go to
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-342/
I get a similar page with no downloads.  It has the same sentence as
above that links to the 341 page with no downloads.

---
Terry Jan Reedy