[python-committers] Status of the Derby, and request for another slip

Matthias Klose doko at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 26 18:53:57 CET 2014

Am 25.01.2014 14:09, schrieb Larry Hastings:
> I'd like to extend the Derby by two more weeks and add a fourth beta.

In the past I did like the way how accurate the releases were planned and didn't
slip at all, or only slip for a few days.

This may sound a bit selfish, but a few Ubuntu developers do run their own Derby
to use 3.4 as the default Python3 version for the next Ubuntu release in April,
so a timely release would be appreciated ;)

> Please vote for either "continue the Derby" (which also means slipping the
> schedule and adding a fourth beta) or "stop the Derby".

that would be a biased -1 from my side

  Matthias

PS: For those interested, Ubuntu currently has the 3.4 beta as an alternative
version built.  I hope to have better results next week of what will break with
3.4 as the default python3 version.