[python-committers] clinic churn after beta2

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Tue Jan 7 22:31:52 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does it really make sense to introduce large amounts of code churn after
> the release of 3.4 beta2? It started innocently enough, but now it seems
> that the whole implementation is being reconsidered (Antoine's email to
> pydev). This doesn't look like something we should be doing so late in the
> release process.

I wouldn't call that a whole implementation being reconsidered. People are
just bike shedding over which wall to paint first. The color has already
been established.

Besides, Larry is both the release manager for 3.4 and argument clinic
proponent. If we need a beta3 instead of an rc1 next, that is up to him. :)

I'm not weighing in on the pydev thread despite having opinions because it
just doesn't matter to me in the end. I'd just be adding noise and am happy
to accept anything so long as argument clinic does stay in for 3.4.

> Are we really that much in need of convert-to-clinic *now*?

It'll never happen otherwise.

-gps