[python-committers] Anatoly has been warned about his behaviour potentially leading to his loss of tracker privileges

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Nov 30 00:11:42 CET 2013

On 11/29/2013 2:59 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> Then I don't know where his behaviour is most problematic: on the
> tracker or the MLs?
> If we only ban him from the tracker, I'm afraid he'll start making
> "here's an issue I can't post on the tracker because I'm banned" posts
> on the mailing-list...
>
> Perhaps a temporary ban? There does need to be a signal sent to him.
> (apparently, he stopped reopening the issue when Georg told him

I think an appropriate first signal would be to make it so he cannot
change headers. Either a general rule (committer or cla signer) or
specific to him. "You do not have permission to perform this action." To
me, re-opening issues is about the most directly obnoxious thing he
does. It would remove what seems to be an irresistible temtation for him
and in that sense, would be doing him a favor.

> reopening the issue would lead to loss of posting rights, which implies
> he is sensitive to this kind of signals)

Terry