[python-committers] Introduction

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Sun May 12 07:10:32 CEST 2013

Greetings!

I was recently added as a core-dev (yes, saying it still makes me smile ;).

Python is an awesome language and I am happy to be a part of it.

Minor history:  I authored PEP 409 (raise ... from None), and authored most of the reference implementation for Enums
(PEP 435).  I've been programming for a couple decades in languages ranging from x86 assembly to AS/400 CL (yeah, not
really a language :( ) to Visual Foxpro, and I'm acquanted with several others.  Once I started using Python, however,
my desire to spend any valuable free programming time on other languages just died.  Although I still need to get better
at C (for Python!).

This is the first time I've really had the chance to work with a team, and I'm happy to say it has been productive,
educational, and enlightening.

--
~Ethan~