[python-committers] echosign

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Mar 4 17:08:08 CET 2013

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 10:58:57 -0500, Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>
> > > My apologies for sounding a sour note, by the way, I think I was unduly
> > > influenced by my previous (very poor, from a UI perspective) experience
> > > with a system like this, and had a knee-jerk reaction.
> > >
> > > I think it is great that this system has been put in place, and my
> > > thanks to all involved.
> >
> > It is certainly great indeed (I say that without having seen the UI,
> > though).
>
> it's an iframe and some javascript wizardry widgeting. Nothing to write home to mom about.

It can probably stand some tweaks(*), but it is *much* better than the
one I encountered before.

--David

(*) Not sure where to report this, so: I was confused by the fact
that I'd filled in the blanks, but clicking on the 'esign' button did
nothing except post a message that I needed to fill in all the required
fields...which I had already done.  Turns out I needed to scroll the
sub-window down in order to see the additional button to click for signing
the document.  The confusion could be cleared up by either having the
entire document show without scrolling, or by changing the final button
label from 'esign' to 'submit' (or doing both).