[python-committers] echosign

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 16:47:21 CET 2013

On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> > I applaud the foundation for getting an electronic signature method in
> > place.
> >
> > However, I have to say that to my mind echosign is nothing more than
> > "authentication theater", and I wonder if it is going to make us look
> > more than a bit clueless to the tech community. I'm surprised that
> > a lawyer would consider a "signature" generated from typed text to be
> > useful for anything. If you are are going to accept the typed signature,
> > just accept the typed signature.
>

> I don't know what this is talking about. Is there an announcement somewhere I
> missed? Or has the PSF declared announcements to be old-fashionable and
> despicable?
>
> Regards
>
> Antoine.
Brian Curtin was rolling out the announcement(s) - the blog post went live automatically before he could wake up in chicago time and send out the email announcements:

http://pyfound.blogspot.com/2013/03/introducing-electronic-contributor.html

So no, no one being evil (but you can assume that). Auto-post times in blogger just beating people.