[python-committers] Anatoly has been warned about his behaviour potentially leading to his loss of tracker privileges

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Sun Dec 1 19:47:51 CET 2013

On Nov 30, 2013, at 23:52 , Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am 01.12.2013 03:12, schrieb Nick Coghlan:
>> OK, I've sent the notification to Anatoly. I cc'ed Guido and Ezio
>> (since I included their offer to mediate tracker access) and also
>> bcc'ed the list admins for the three currently affected lists (so they
>> know why his posts start appearing in the moderation queue).
> Thanks!  I'm sorry to have spawned such a long and draining discussion,
> but I'm convinced it had to be done at some point.

And I'm sorry to have prolonged the discussion although I do appreciate the comments on what I wrote.

While it has been painful, I think the way this decision was reached is praiseworthy.  The discussion was open, serious, deeply-felt, yet respectful to all - in other words, in the best traditions of the Python community.  Thank you all and a particular thank you to Nick.

--Ned

--
  Ned Deily
  nad at acm.org -- []