[python-committers] Reminder: Python 3.4 alpha 1 release is Saturday August 3

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Aug 2 23:10:25 CEST 2013

On Aug 02, 2013, at 11:00 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

>No need to IMO, but you mention it when sending your reminder message.
>(most core developers certainly spare themselves the hassle of reading
>PEP 101 - or, once they've read it, they forget it as quickly as
>possible :-))

FWIW, I've always considered PEP 101 a checklist of things the RM has to do
when making a release.  That's the way I originally wrote and used it, and for
me, with just one more release ahead of me (and a source-only one at that) for
the foreseeable future, it's worked moderately well.

So IMHO, now that Larry is taking over, my suggestion is for him to view PEP
101 as the collective "wisdom" of those RMs who have gone before him.  But he
should feel free to make the document more useful for him, of course in
consultation with the other active RMs.  I certainly have no problem with each
RM putting their stamp on the document, including adding their names to the
Author field.

(Same general principle as with the release.py script too.)

-Barry