[python-committers] Threadjack: python-dev input to site redesign [sorry ...]

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu May 31 04:20:40 CEST 2012

In article <6ECDA7A0-E4CE-4EF9-BD14-0AC81F6DE17E at gmail.com>,
 Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 30, 2012, at 9:14 PM, Ned Deily <nad at acm.org> wrote:
> > In article
> > <CADiSq7eqEUibMFvKjeCvH_CjvfUbd7kWKSzxG9dgUVpOxM=bTg at mail.gmail.com>,
> > Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd be happy to do it if nobody else volunteers. Maybe we can get some
> >> RSS feeds hooked up in appropriate places :)
> >
> > It would be good to ensure that someone with recent experience managing
> > Python releases is included in the process since the release managers
> > are major content producers for python.org (i.e. the current /downloads
> > section including release pages) and have their own particular needs for
> > working with the web site..
> Please take a look at the RFP. It doesn't look to change the download manager
> process, and in fact forces an offline working/contributor mode so this
> workflow can stay close to what it is today.

Jesse, I had read it and I think it's a good RFP.  Kudos to all
involved.  My point was to address Steve's request for "any one person
in the dev community".  It seemed to me that the release managers are
one of the most important content producers today on the web site so
perhaps one of them should be considered as that representative.  But
perhaps I misunderstand what Steve was suggesting.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org