[python-committers] Cutting 3.3 branch now. Why not?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 06:02:55 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
> There is still nothing stopping people from posting new features to
> the tracker, so there is no reason that non-committer workflow needs
> to change, they just may need to wait a bit longer for feedback...which
> they'd have to do regardless of whether we branch now or not.

Also see my previous email regarding the early flagging of high
priority or release blocker issues for 3.4, or assigning items to
ourselves for later review - we have a triage tool to keep track of
changes before they hit the main repo, we may as well make use of it.

> Georg has indicated he will branch 3.3 at rc1, which I personally
> think is sensible.

As do I - it's a not-so-subtle hint as to what our priorities should
be between now and rc1 :)

Cheers,
Nick.