[python-committers] anyone still have access to the coverity scan results?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Jan 20 04:34:23 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 17:44, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Could we consider offering a complimentary PyCon registration to a member of the Coverity team as an encouragement to have someone around during the sprints? I am sure that much useful informal education would take place, benefiting many sprints, if we enable it and just let things happen.

This may be a bit premature. Last time the scan had a bunch of
false-positives, so while it found errors it was a bit of work to go
through. Not sure if there is anything new and useful lately.

Then again free registration is cheap.

> Or would this be seen as favoring one vendor? I don't see other people lining up to validate the developers' code, but nor do I want to step on anyone's toes.

Klocwork did, but the site that hosted their results no longer
responds and Neal Norwitz was the only person with access.

> Maybe python-dev is a better place for this discussion, or maybe Guido should just talk to Van and/or Jesse and short-circuit about thirty-five "+1" responses.

I just don't know how useful it would be. The results of the scan are
what they are. Even if I am the only person with access, I have
received enough PyCon financial aide to be at the sprints for the
first two full days so I can always dole out responsibilities on the
spot.

-Brett