[python-committers] [PSF-Members] Code Simplicity » Open Source Community, Simplified

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Fri Feb 4 18:03:14 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 17:51, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> Sure.  I guess my question is, what do *you* do in that case?  Are you blocked
> because I didn't do my job properly?  Can you tell your merge to ignore my
> change so you can keep making progress, complete your patch, and send me a
> nastygram to finish my work? :)

You could:

- merge the other's stuff and tell them to check if you merged it correctly
- don't merge the other's stuff and tell them to patch it in again
- backout the other's stuff, proceed as planned (optionally re-commit
other's stuff)

In general: sure, there are all kinds of ways to mangle history and
make it work.

Cheers,

Dirkjan