[python-committers] [PSF-Members] Code Simplicity » Open Source Community, Simplified

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Feb 2 16:32:34 CET 2011

Great article, thank you Steve!

Le mercredi 02 février 2011 à 13:31 +0000, Michael Foord a écrit :
> On 02/02/2011 13:25, Steve Holden wrote:
> > I imagine many of you will have seen this, but it's worth over-posting to make sure everyone gets to see it who is interested.
> >
> > http://www.codesimplicity.com/post/open-source-community-simplified/
>
> Thanks Steve.
>
> One issue it raises is the difficulties caused by freezing the trunk for
> releases. Instead they advocate creating the release branch at the point
> of the release candidate instead of freezing trunk.
>
> There are issues I currently *can't* work on because trunk is frozen and
> would personally prefer to see us use the branch-on-release-candidate
> process.

+11. This is one thing that makes me dread another release candidate.

        First, we did a survey of all our past developers who had left
        the project, asking them why they had left. This was just a
        free-form survey, allowing people to answer any way they wanted.

Should we make our own survey of past contributors?

Regards