[python-committers] branches and merging

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Mar 2 14:21:22 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 04:36:42AM +0100, Jesus Cea wrote:
> I can't wait for HG. I have read the main cutprit for the delay is the
> line-ending issue with MS Windows developers. Is there anything else
> holding us back?.

Note that, if you'd just like to use Mercurial for your own
convenience while developing, the mirrored repositories at
http://hg.python.org/ are up-to-date; you just can't push changes
back.  I have a regex patch that was developed using an hg checkout of
the Python source tree, with my changes layered atop it using the mq
extension.

--amk