[python-committers] Delaying 3.2 release

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 14:21:48 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Victor Stinner
<victor.stinner at haypocalc.com> wrote:
> Le dimanche 27 juin 2010 11:17:24, Georg Brandl a écrit :
>> I'm delaying the 3.2 alpha1 release by one week; I don't have enough time
>> to sort through all the possible issues and get acquainted with the release
>> machinery this weekend.
>
> For the 3.2 final, I would like to mark this issue has a blocker:
>
>    http://bugs.python.org/issue8611

I went ahead and marked it as such - the RM reviews the open release
blockers anyway before deciding whether or not to make a release, and
will either demote them permanently (i.e disagree with the assessment
of their importance), defer them (more common for alpha releases than
later ones) or delay the release.

We don't want to go crazy with it (the RM shouldn't be getting deluged
with trivial issues to review all the time), but if you think
something really should be a release blocker, feel free to bump the
priority yourself.

Cheers,
Nick.