[python-committers] changes after 2.7 final

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jul 2 09:53:27 CEST 2010

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Benjamin Peterson wrote:
>> After I tag 2.7 this Saturday, I will effect the following changes in
>> the repository:
>> - I will make the 2.7 maintenance branch.
>> - I will remove svnmerge from trunk -> py3k.
>> - I will initialize svnmerge from py3k -> 2.7maint.
>> - The trunk will be officially closed. I suggest you just delete your
>> trunk working copies (or switch them anyway) because a commit hook
>> will be in place to prevent commits to it.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to make the py3k branch the new trunk by
> removing the 2.7 code and moving the Python3 code into that
> directory ?

With "that directory" I meant trunk/, i.e. along the lines of:

svn remove trunk
svn move branches/py3k trunk

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 02 2010)
2010-07-19: EuroPython 2010, Birmingham, UK                16 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/