[python-committers] Providing .tgz sources

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Dec 5 20:58:19 CET 2010

> As for the .zip version, I've not found any requests for a source
> download with Windows-specific newlines.  I suppose that developers
> either check out directly from SVN, or have decompression programs
> and editors that can cope.

Indeed, Windows users should be able to cope with the tgz just fine.
Per svn:eol-style, the files that need to be CRLF are marked so,
and should remain usable even with a Unix export. The C and
Python files will have LF only, which VS and Python can deal with
just fine. Only notepad would do nonsense when trying to open such
a file.

Regards,
Martin