[python-committers] Python 2.6.4?

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk at shore.net
Sun Oct 4 21:00:23 CEST 2009

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 20:47:28 +0200, ""Martin v. Löwis""
<martin at v.loewis.de> said:
> > Yes, but what I experienced is much worse - I was actually getting the
> > 2.6.2 version of python26.dll due to shadowing, instead of the 2.6.3
> > version.
>
> Ah. Did you get a message "[TARGETDIR] exists. Are you sure you want to
> overwrite existing files?"

I may well have, but that wouldn't surprise me when doing an upgrade in
place.

The real problem, it seems, is there was a spurious python26.dll in
c:\Python26, which shadowed the one in c:\Windows.  That file may have
been unique to my installation (I don't recall duplicating it - no
reason to do so).  But if other people have it subsequent to a 2.6.2
install, they will probably have the same difficulty I had.

--
KBK