[python-committers] Why r69846 is not merged to"release26-maint"?

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Fri Jul 3 00:21:19 CEST 2009

> So people have continued to merge to 3.0. I think they deserve a 3.0.2 release.

I'm one of those people who have backported fixes to 3.0, but I do not want
a 3.0.2 to go out now thet 3.1 has been released.  The latest version should
not get upstaged.  Essentially, 3.1 is what 3.0.x should have been.  The 3.0.x series
is defective and needs to die-off and be forgotten.

So, not only would 3.0.2 be a waste of Barry's time, it would be a step backwards.
A while ago, Barry said that 3.0.2 would not happen, so at that point several of
us stopped backporting fixes.  So, 3.0.2 still has known bugs and I think it would
be a mistake to release it.

Raymond