[python-committers] Cutting Python 2.6

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Oct 1 23:00:15 CEST 2008

>> Press releases can lag behind, but I hope that this time the Windows
>> and OSX installers will be released together with the main tarball.
>
> I agree, but I have not heard from Ronald or Martin about that yet.

That's because you didn't ask, I guess.

> Ronald, are you still planning on building the OS X installer?  I
> believe we also want Sean to build the RPMs.
>
> Here's what might work: I will build the source tarball as normal,
> uploading everything to dinsdale.  I'll fiddle the web site locally but
> not commit the changes, so they won't become public yet.  I'll send a
> message here when everything's ready and then if we hear from Ronald and
> Martin, they can build the binaries.  As long as it's October 1st
> somewhere in the world, we won't be lying. :)
>
> If I don't hear from them though, I will push the big red button just
> before midnight my time (US/Eastern, UTC-0400).  We'll have to back-load
> the binaries tomorrow.

I certainly won't be able to produce binaries before 8:00 UTC,
October 2. I'll be asleep for the coming hours, then commute, etc.

I must admit that I'm fairly unhappy how coordination with other people
works when creating releases. Anthony Baxter did a better job. This
started by asking whether the people involved have actually time to
work on the release, at the day in question.

Regards,
Martin