[python-committers] PQM?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Aug 14 09:26:41 CEST 2008

Le jeudi 14 août 2008 à 08:54 +0200, "Martin v. Löwis" a écrit :
> The part where I'm skeptical about such a policy is that there might
> be a shortage of reviewers. What if a patch on Rietvield doesn't find
> a reviewer for a month or so? Many patches in the tracker sit there
> for years without any committer reviewing them.

There's also the problem that some patches can only be understood by one
person, the one who wrote it, and it's somehow still fine because he/she
is the de facto maintainer for that part of code (e.g. ctypes,
bsddb...).

("not finding a reviewer for a month or so" is actually an optimistic
statement; from my short experience with Twisted it can be much longer
than that :-))

That said, I appreciate the advantages of code reviews. But they do take
a lot of time, and can create manpower problems (by lowering throughput
*and* increasing latencies).