[python-committers] [Python-Dev] next beta

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Aug 12 09:43:22 CEST 2008

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:
> -On [20080812 08:28], "Martin v. Löwis" (martin at v.loewis.de) wrote:
>> For the 2.5, the challenge is to produce AMD64 and Itanium binaries,
>> using vsextcomp (plus the usual problems of collecting all the
>> necessary packages and build them first).
>
> I have a Windows x64 box at home. Which Visual Studio was now needed, 2008?

2003, along with a platform SDK, and vsextcomp, and we would need both
AMD64 and IA64 binaries (although it's probably ok if the Itanium
binaries aren't tested as long as you can verify that they are IA64
binaries).

> If you want Martin, we can go over making sure I got a build environment set
> up as well?

I'm leaving Sunday - not sure whether that's enough time to set things up.

Regards,
Martin