[Python-buildbots] Need for another macOS builder for the buildbot fleet?

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 16:31:25 EDT 2019

Context: I've been awarded a grant by the PSF to fix or replace my old
MacBook Pro which recently broke, which I use mostly for developing Python.
I'm considering whether to buy a Mac Mini (old, used) instead of fixing the
MacBook, which would also have the advantage of being able to be on 24/7
and run a buildbot. (Though theoretically I could set up the MacBook to do
the same, it is not made for such use and tends to heat up when used for
hours with the lid closed.)

So, would there be interest in another Mac in our fleet? Is it important
enough to be worth the (reasonable) effort? I would be willing to keep it
on an old version of macOS, or always the one-before-latest, if that would
help.

- Tal Einat