[Python-buildbots] Moving Python.org to Buildbot 9 + Python 3

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Fri Oct 13 16:44:21 EDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 1:36 PM, David Bolen <db3l.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does testing include a mixture with a master under 3.x?  I only ask since
> I'd guess that a master under 2.x might be sending parameters down as
> strings rather than unicode.

I've tested the following combinations of master 3.x <==> worker 2.x,
master 2.x <==> worker 3.x:

https://lists.buildbot.net/pipermail/devel/2017-October/012432.html

> Oh, I did also peek at the latest twisted source but didn't see any
> differences in that path at a quick glance (aside from switching from
> apply() to **kw) that would seem to be able to resolve this, but that's
> something else I could test.

Yes, that was something in Twisted that was fixed in the past year.

> Or I could just move off of 2.6 which I last updated to in 2009 :-)

It looks like you have done more than your fair share of investigation to
get things working.
Believe me, testing all the permutations and combinations of things is a
major pain in the neck.

You have identified the problem, applied a workaround to get things working
now, and have identified a path to
success moving forward.
If you are OK with that, then that is probably good enough.

--
Craig