[Python-buildbots] Windows 2.7 Builders

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 15:35:02 EDT 2016

Hi Jeremy,

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Jeremy Kloth <jeremy.kloth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was recently cleaning up my buildbot, clearing space, removing
> unused software, ..., and decided to remove MSVC 2010 as no supported
> Python uses that compiler.  Well, to my surprise, actually I forgot,
> you do need MSVC 2010 *AND* 2008 to build 2.7 by default.  It has been
> since reinstalled and the buildbot is chugging along happily.
>
> With that, do we have any buildbots that use *just* 2008?  Or does the
> 2.7 compiler package from Microsoft contain the needed bits that are
> provided by installing Visual Studio 2010?

Unfortunately, the bits needed from VS 2010 are entirely separate from
the bits provided by the 2.7 compiler package; the compiler package is
more closely related to VS 2008, but still missing some important
pieces.

> I think my buildslave has enough resources to support another builder
> for that configuration (VC9 only) if that is something we are
> interested in doing.

I am in fact interested in doing so; there have been a couple of
issues raised recently about the PC/VS9.0 files being left behind.  I
may also add a VS2008-only builder to the XP bot, since it's only
running 2.7 anymore anyways.

--
Zach