[Python-buildbots] Stable builders

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 01:12:04 EST 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:39 AM, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
> I do think we
> want to resolve the bolen issues and not just move them to unstable,
> though.

I agree with that.

> It looks like jcea brought the OpenIndiana buildbot back on-line,
> but it seems to have gotten into trouble processing the backlog.
> The backlog could just be cancelled; there's not much point in
> running it.

I've cleared the backlog and forced a build on each branch.  Since
it's running now, I obviously won't be killing it off :).  The x86
OpenIndiana bot is also feeling much better now, the 3.4 builder
actually completed a successful build.  Thank you Jesús for getting
them back to health!  I'll consider them for 'stable' after they've
had a chance to run a few builds.

> It would be nice to have that bot back, since IIRC it was one of the
> fastest and so gave quick feedback on bad changesets.
>
> However...this is a big enough list of additions to stable that we
> might want to contact either the release managers or python-dev
> before making the change.

Here's a slightly revised and annotated listing.  I don't think any of
the additions should be controversial, though I agree there are a lot
of them.  I think this is more like how things should be, though.

('+' = added to stable, '-' = removed from stable (none), ' ' = no change)
STABLE:
+angelico-debian-amd64 - all green
+bolen-tiger - all green
 bolen-ubuntu - all red, possibly a Python bug, possibly network issue
 bolen-windows - usually green, 2.7 intermittently red
 bolen-windows7 - all green
 cea-indiana-amd64 - 2.7, 3.4 green; 3.5+ red (_socket broken)
+cea-indiana-x86 - same state as cea-indiana-amd64
+edelsohn-debian-z - 3.any bots green, 2.7 red (regrtest bug)
 edelsohn-fedora-ppc64 - all green
+edelsohn-fedora-ppc64le - all green
+edelsohn-rhel-z - all green
+edelsohn-sles-z - 3.any bots green, 2.7 red (regrtest bug)
+gps-debian-profile-opt - 3.any bots green, 2.7 red (bug)
+gps-ubuntu-exynos5-armv71 - all green
 kloth-win64 - green or legitimate red
+koobs-freebsd9 - all green
 koobs-freebsd10 - all green
+langa-ubuntu - all green
 murray-snowleopard - all green
+ware-docs - all green
+ware-gentoo-x86 - all green, tests tkinter on Linux
+ware-win81-release - mostly green, legitimate bug on 3.4

UNSTABLE:
 bolen-windows8 - all red (network issue?)
 bolen-windows10 - all red (network issue?)
 borja-openbsd-x86 - all red (LibreSSL not officially supported yet)
 bruynooghe-solaris-csw - non-working hg
 edelsohn-aix-ppc64 - experimental platform, all red
 intel-ubuntu-skylake - meant for experimental patch
 *-icc - still experimental
 koobs-freebsd11 - not yet started

--
Zach