[Python-buildbots] Fleet health

David Edelsohn dje.gcc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 15:46:01 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 1:08 AM, Zachary Ware
<zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The health of our buildbot fleet is frankly a bit depressing at the
> moment.  Of the 44 buildslaves [1], 25 (!) are currently down.
> Several of the ones that are up are routinely failing some step, which
> may or may not be the fault of the slave itself.
>
> I just wanted to touch base with everybody and ask that you give your
> slaves a quick once-over to make sure they're working properly, or
> give an update on why they may be down and when (or if) they can be
> expected to be back up.  In cases where a slave is down for an
> extended period of time, I'd like to clean up the waterfall view by
> temporarily removing those builders (and in cases where a slave is
> down for good, I'd like to clean up the list of slaves as well).
>
> If there's anything that can be done to help on the master side, let me know!

Hi, Zach

Thanks for setting up this discussion list.

Internally, IBM has been discussing how to improve its participation
in Open Source Software CI Testers to ensure that IBM POWER and IBM
System z have better coverage.  IBM may be able to help with hosting
an open build service of diverse systems.  We don't have a complete
solution, but maybe we can use the Python Buildbot Fleet concept and
this group to develop a solution.

Thanks, David