ANN: poliastro 0.12.0 released 🚀

Juan Luis Cano juanlu001 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 07:34:51 EST 2019

Hi all,

It fills us with astronomical joy to announce the release of poliastro
0.12.0! 🚀

poliastro is a pure Python library that allows you to simulate and
analyze interplanetary orbits in a Jupyter notebook in an interactive
and easy way, used in academia and the industry by people from all
around the world. You can install it using pip or conda:

conda install poliastro --channel conda-forge
pip install poliastro[jupyter]

This major release brought lots of new features, several breaking
changes that improve the overall consistency of the library, and a
stronger bet on Plotly as the default plotting backend, as well as the
usual bug fixes. This has been the biggest release in terms of
contributors so far and we feel we are reaching a tipping point, which
makes us extremely proud and also busier!

You can read the full release notes in the documentation:

https://docs.poliastro.space/en/v0.12.0/changelog.html#poliastro-0-12-0-2019-02-21

If you want to know more, don't miss my talk on the Open Source Cubesat
Worshop held at the European Space Operations Centre in 2017:

https://youtu.be/KnoYzqAw_vM?t=1h36m14s

Please join our chat on Matrix/Riot and feel free to ask any questions
you might have:

https://chat.openastronomy.org/#/room/#poliastro:matrix.org

Per Python ad astra!

--